2020/03/14

Gizmo

My best friends, Jim and Sarah, had to say the last goodbye to their beloved cat, Gizmo. He was there when I discovered your DeviantArt galleries, he was there when we interacted for the first time, he was there when we became friends and started chatting more regularly. He was there for 18 years! I've never had a pet who lived to be even half of that, this number is simply mind-boggling for me. I can barely imagine losing someone who was your loyal companion for such an impressive amount of time. The world without Gizmo is a different place, not a better one. But I believe he is in some other place, one that will reunite us all eventually.

Thank you, Mo, for bringing joy to my friends <3


I apologise for not posting this earlier - I didn't mean to take this long. I had my mind set on doing this one traditionally, so it took several attempts. The result still isn't the best, but I'm quite happy with it, this is the first time I didn't have to fiddle with my scanner settings or make any digital corrections in order to make it look better! I used mostly Polish handmade paints produced out of natural pigments - including very granulating ones, that's why some colours are so grainy. Painting it was a very valuable experience for me :)

Apart from this, I have two sketches that I still like:



Capturing the likeness of real humans and animals is something I absolutely struggle with and none of those two looked enough like Gizmo to me. They can go here, though!

*

(I moved this part to another post!)

No comments :

Post a Comment