2021/06/28

A break

Today I'm starting my vacation - first one since I began working in the museum back in mid July 2020. Lord knows I need it! These past few months were so exhausting and busy. There were slower days of course, but as the time goes on, there's fewer of them and they're far between. The boss happily gets rid of competent, hard-working employees as well as reduces responsibilities of some, then dumps it all on us. We're down to 2 active guides (I'm one of them) and only 3 people in the museum know how to operate the cash register without any assistance (I'm also one of them). It's tourist season and things are getting out of hand, but the boss doesn't give a crap. The museum used to employ around 12-14 workers before this moron took over.

Yesterday we had a big concert outside the museum and let me tell you, it was a complete and utter chaos. We weren't responsible for it, we just let the hosts hold it on our courtyard. One of my colleagues stayed at work for a whopping 14 hours and I'm sure as heck that's a violation of labour rights. When me and my two other friends came to work, we didn't really know what to do or where to go as we didn't receive any definitive instructions. The doors remained wide open and tourists walked all over the museum, without any guidance or control. One of the former employees paid us a short visit and that made the boss very furious. The look on his face, holy shit. He did whatever he could to get her to leave; I think he must have seen her on camera because he appeared every single time she approached us! The old boss and his wife came too and he must have spotted them as well since he came around to spy, lmao. He absolutely hates every single person that used to work here.

The hosts left when the concert ended and, as usual, everything was dumped on us. The boss went home soon after, leaving us alone with all the mess. We ended up emptying some trash cans with our bare hands because they were so overfilled. It was... an experience I won't forget for quite some time, euuhghh. We were all exhausted and hungry, thank God one of my colleagues asked her family to bring us a big pot of pea soup they cooked at home & it was delicious. We wanted to lock all the buildings, but there was this big group of the hosts' employees that refused to leave one of our rooms. They got drunk and wanted to stay there to party, so we eventually just threw caution to the wind, gave them the keys and went home. I hope they didn't do any damage or steal anything, but that was simply beyond our control.

This whole thing was something else. We shouldn't have been involved in it to begin with! We weren't hosting the concert nor any of the attractions, we should have opened the museum and do our usual stuff. We should have had more guides, not just me. The boss dragged us into that because, as he said, his reputation would have been harmed if he hadn't used us. Dude. You shattered your reputation with your own stupidity, arrogance and tyranny. If you actually cared for your workers, your reputation would improve. That's too much for this man to comprehend, though!



... Okay, enough about that. I still like my job despite all of the bad stuff, but I have to admit that it exhausts me more and more. I'm so thankful I was able to take these 2 weeks off. My family is leaving for a trip to north-eastern Poland on the second week and I'm staying home.

That means one full week without seeing, hearing and being around my dad.

I can already tell it's going to be the best week of the year! Because as for my dad, nothing changed for the better. He loves himself and his repulsive, detrimental and pathetic lifestyle more than anything else. He wormed his way out of the therapy and his case was put on hold, can you believe that?! I have NO clue how that happened, I didn't even think that was possible. But I know he's extremely fake and manipulative, so I'm sure that "helped". He's a lost cause and our relations keep deteriorating, so every single hour I get to spend without him is a treasure.

I don't have any big plans, I just want to get some rest and do some stuff I'm usually too busy or tired to do. Let me do the usual and present my goals in a list:

1) I definitely want to finish the last commission and hopefully some of the other owed work - this is my number one priority. Poor Ray has been waiting for his piece for over a year and I feel terrible about it. He's such a nice client, he absolutely deserves better. I've already painted him a bonus doodle that I'm going to upload along with the finished commission.

2) I'd like to prepare colour charts for all/most of my painting palettes. I've amassed quite a collection thanks to a number of sales and discounts, haha. But I don't use the majority of the colours I own because I don't know how they look on paper. I feel much more secure once I have a sheet of hand-painted swatches!

3) I want to sketch, draw and paint more, it's one of the things I miss the most, constantly. I have so many ideas, enough motivation and a ton of art materials, but I almost never have the energy. I come back home and collapse into bed, feeling drained. Not being able to scratch that itch makes me sad and frustrated. Now it's my chance to have some fun! I won't be able to do much if the weather is too hot, but so far the forecasts aren't looking that bad.

4) I'm going to go on longer walks, visit some distant places I haven't been to in quite a while. I hate hot weather with every fibre of my fat being, but I have to admit that Summer is pretty! I enjoy looking at leaves illuminated by the sun, vibrant blue skies with fluffy clouds, I love hearing birds, crickets and frogs. We had severe mosquito infestations every Summer for the past decade or so - this year's Summer is the first one without it. You can actually go outside without breathing in mosquitoes and getting your whole body covered in them. I want to take advantage of this!

5) Maybe I'll play some games, watch movies or read a book? Not sure about that yet, only if I have enough time. Come to think about it, life shouldn't look like this... I mean, you should always have enough time to watch a movie or read a book. This reminds me that I should start looking for a new job or alternative sources of income eventually. I don't get my hopes up, but I don't want to live like this either. I'll do my best to make some changes once the opportunity presents itself.

I think that's it! I hope these two weeks are going to be fun. Thank you so much for stopping by!