The weather has promptly reminded me why July is my least favourite month of the year. It's been hellishly hot so far, with humid, tropical nights and almost no rain for the past two weeks. As of yet, last Wednesday was the hottest day of 2021 - I didn't get a chance to look at a thermometer during the worst hours, but I know for sure that the temperature reached at least 36° C (96.8° F) in my town, probably more in the centre. I remember I went outside sometime around 2 or 3 P.M. and everything had this yellowish / light sepia tint to it. Everything was roasting. The air was burning your lungs.
How come so many people love Summer and enjoy weather like this? I'm guessing different people have varying levels of tolerance for certain temperatures & I must be somewhere in the cold squad. My ideal temperatures for the outside usually fall between -10° C and 24° C depending on the season, while 20° C (68° F) is the cosy, sweet spot for the inside - and with every degree above that I begin to feel considerably more and more uncomfortable. At this point the temperature in my room has climbed to a whopping 28° C (82.4° F) and holy crap, this is one of the worst experiences I've had in a good while.
I hate that I can't do anything and basically have to wait out entire days.. that eventually turn into weeks. It's too hot to fall asleep, so I get about 4 or 2 hours of sleep per night and go to work in zombified state. The air is soupy and doesn't move in the slightest, opening my balcony door for the whole night barely makes any difference. There's no way to escape this dreadful heat, nothing I can do to protect myself, no chance to catch a break. I'm constantly sticky, smelly and completely drenched in sweat. I look at weather forecasts every single hour and they promise rain every time, then absolutely nothing falls from the sky and the Sun continues to burn my life to a crisp.
I have art workshops with kids in the museum on Monday and I was supposed to make 3 paintings for them to use for reference. Haven't painted a single one because it's impossible but I still feel awful about it. I swear I'm going to lose my mind if another week turns out to be like this.
Please God let it rain for a while.
*
EDIT (19 VII 2021): My prayers have been answered and the weather has cooled down considerably. Hallelujah ;___; I also skipped most of my sleep last night and managed to paint one doodle for the kiddos; the workshops went pretty well. There won't be more for now and I'm glad since these tend to be exhausting & the mess is just insane. Gonna miss some of the children, though!