2013/01/14

Spotblog

I turned 19 today and now I am big enough to write my first post here. Blogger says I've been its member since September 2011. Wasn't aware of this at all! I think the best thing to start with is to say "hello". Hello then! I am here mostly to draw but also talk about trifles, share stuff I like and vent occasionally. Before you start following me, make sure you really want to - I am terribly moody sometimes! I may be also a bit boring talking about my characters too much.
I probably shouldn't have created this blog because I am having very important school-leaving exams in May and I should be extremely focused on learning. Blogs are distracting, ya know! But, on the other hand, I still want to have my own little, quiet corner of the Internet. It kinda motivates me to draw and speak English. The Internet knows me already, I am bluesman/popartaku/liquid-wax/other-usernames-containing-word-'glonojad' but you can also call me Francis 'cos that's my name! You can communicate with me in English, Polish (wszak to jest moja ojczysta mowa) or Russian (я вас скорее понимаю, но я говорю на русском языке плохо!). I also speak Latin a little bit but I'd prefer not to talk in this haunted language, haha!

I don't know much about Blogspot but hopefully I'll settle here for good! I wasn't really into blogs in the past but after my adventure with tumblr I've changed my mind. Despite having many amazing memories with tumblr, I deleted my account there. Why? It was mostly about the society. It kinda disappointed me. I'm not talking about the whole society, just the wrong part of it I was surrounded by. But still, there are exceptions!
I had a chance to get to know two awesome persons - mijfly and nottoway! They're my biggest artistic idols at the same time and I can barely believe they've paid so much attention to me, their art is ten times better than mine. They will always hold a special place in my heart <3
Coming back to the society subject - I've spent so many years on the Internet that I learnt how to tolerate many weird things. Maybe not accept, just tolerate. But gosh, the 'furry' fandom is something that will probably always creep me out! I hated being followed by so many of them. Of course I don't mind people who call themselves 'furries' just because they like drawing animals but no humans. There's nothing wrong with it. But I am still not tolerant enough to consent the existence of the furry fetishists or zoophiles. I've been feeling terrible to know that this person followed me there (and many, many other similiar to them). I am not a homophobe but Jesus Christ is there anything about my art that sexually pleases a gay furry person? Could they even fap to my drawings? Creepy!
Perhaps I take this issue too seriously (I often do) but I didn't like to feel so insecure about my followers all the time. Even if I don't have any problems, my mind will create them sooner or later. I am neurotic!

I don't remember if this is all I wanted to say before I submit some doodles but this wall of text seems to be big enough already. Let's move on to doodles!
(to view them fullsized, you have to open them on another page - just in case if you don't know)

Pudding and Kluska. These wonderful characters belong to my dear friend, Ima! She seems to be really busy now, so I draw her creations now and then but I still think they look best in her style.

When it comes to practise drawing, I often do it with Jim's characters. They're all so various and soulful. This time I wanted to dabble with character interactions and Biscuit & Angus belong to him.

I almost never draw any ladies but thanks to Sarah I started to do it more often! I think I've drawn her character Saria 6 times so I tried Jeanie this time. I've been meaning to draw her for a long time but I was afraid to flaw her!


Gato is also one of my favourite artists, I find his comics really good. I haven't talked to him yet and probably never will because I don't remember my dA password anymore! Here's one of his characters, Bonkie the cat.

Finally, these losers belong to me, haha :D Captain stick (thin and tall), boatswain (that one with fur) and le admiral (fat). Expect to see a lot of them on this blog! I hate making digital outlines so they're all coloured sketches.


Oh, I almost forgot, my blog design is ugly but I am not talented enough to change it, dang it!

7 comments :

  1. I am SO happy to see your work again! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! My lips are sealed- hopefully no disgusting porn blogs will find you here. Thank you so much for drawing Biscuit and Angus, they look absolutely incredible in your style! I'm also glad you spotlighted those other folks because I wasn't familiar with gato88 and I'll have to check them out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch!
      Yes, I hope so as well. I don't mind spotlight too much, I am just a bit touchy about who follows me.
      I am glad you like it!
      I secretly admire many amazing people and I hope to feature them here sooner or later!

      Delete
  2. first off, happy birthday! :D i hope you had a wonderful day.

    secondly, i can completely understand why you left tumblr. i've been staying away from certain places lately for similar reasons. some people view saria in a sexual way and i don't like that.. it's so creepy to imagine there are people out there who probably fap to innocent pictures of our original characters... i'm so sorry you had to put up with that :c

    aaww, i'm glad to have gotten to know you too! you're a huge inspiration to me and your lovely art pushes me to improve all the time. honestly, it always surprises me that anyone could like or care about my art/characters! i don't think i can draw well at all!

    finally, oh my goodness gracious, all those beautiful sketches!! i'm a fan of ima's work as well. i think i've been following her on dA since 2009. and you draw jim's characters so wonderfully! i've never seen gato's work before, but bonkie sure looks cute. simple characters are the best! AND THAT JEANIE. i think only 2 people have drawn jeanie besides me, so this is such a fantastic surprise! <3 you didn't mess her up at all. you drew her totally perfect :D it thrills me so much to see her in your style! thank you so much!!

    those losers at the bottom of the page are my favourites, though ;3 it amazes me how energetic your work is! even when your characters are standing still, there's still so much life in them!

    i'm gonna hush up now cos this comment is longer than the actual blog post itself, haha. i look forward to seeing/learning more about you and your characters. i'll make sure to visit your blog regularly and see if you have anything new to say :D it's great to hear from you again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankies! It was fine and the cake was delicious :D

      They looked at Saria in this way? Even Saria? Gosh! People can be nasty sometimes. But as you told me, you keep your new blog more private, hopefully that any of these weirdos will never invade it.

      Aww, never believe for a second that you can't draw :3 I've been secretly very fond of your art much, much earlier.

      Yup, Ima told me about it just after she received the watch from you, she was thrilled! I am happy you like it! I've noticed that Jeanie is less popular than Saria but I think she deserves attention too, she's so cool I've always wanted to draw her :D

      Thanks a lot, that's a big compliment!

      Haha, don't mention it, it was fun to read xD Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. po pierwsze: zatłukę robaka, bo nic nie powiedział
    po drugie: zatłukę robaka, bo prawie miesiąc nic nie powiedział
    po trzecie: zatłukę robaka, bo tam jest mój brat i nic mi nie powiedział (w sensie: robak nie powiedział, że mój braciszek się pojawił!)
    po czwarte: robak nie powiedział, że ma urodziny, niech mi przed następnymi przypomni
    po piąte: widzę, że wreszcie robak stworzył broń na mnie, gratulacje
    po szóste: rozumiem, że muszę sobie założyć (trzecie) konto na tym portalu żeby móc się z robakiem normalnie komunikować?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobel za tego komentarza <3
      Robaka? Masz na myśli księdza Robaka z Pana Tadeusza? Zatłucz drania, niech ma za swoje.
      Ano, Twój brat bardzo się za Tobą stęsknił, szczególnie biorąc pod uwagę fakt, że pakujesz go do pralki i odbierasz ostatnią porcję babeczek :D
      Którą broń?

      Ooo tak, zrób sobie konto. W moim przypadku to chyba też nie jest pierwsze, więc można uznać, że do trzech lub iluśtam razy sztuka na blogspocie!

      Delete
    2. to czekam aż mi tego nobla narysujesz.
      o ile wybierasz się do seminarium lub się z nim utożsamiasz to tak.

      nie powiem Ci przecież:D

      no dobra, założę, ale znów czeka mnie bitwa z szablonem. a co ja tam będę wrzucać?

      Delete