Four months ago this vision used to creep me out! I live in a semi rural area and I hardly ever use any kinds of public transport, not to mention I don't even know where to buy tickets, haha. I'm used to cricket sounds at night, not traffic noises. I don't have any blocks of flats in the neighbourhood, just forests, meadows and swamps. But right now I'm relieved I'm finally leaving, honestly. I'm going to miss the nature - but our home is so toxic, always messy and full of agression. There are tons of stuff I hate about this place. Tons.
I still feel a bit nervous but hopefully everything will turn out for the best. There will be one problem, though. I'll be needing a new scanner! I hope they aren't expensive.
Sharing all the info above wasn't the main purpose of this post 'cos I have some doodles to show. Let's start!
A little something I drew for Rumbrave. I like making such little fanarts a lot but I'm always hesitant to show them to the authors because I doubt if they will approve that. Plus I don't want to seem too stalker-y. This time I sent her the doodle and she liked it. Whew!
An ooold character I decided to draw again. I'm not intending to stick him around but that was fun to do! Here are the only 3 things I remember about him:
- he was a scaredy fox,
- I named him Philippe after Philippe Pétain (why? I don't know!),
- he didn't last longer than two weeks. Sorry, Philippe.
My little brother wanted me to upload it here and that's what I'm doing :D He asks me to ink and colour my drawings sometimes and I let him. He's 8 years old and I think he did an excellent job here! You can also look at some of his older masterpieces, all in chronological order. Click!
Skunk-ified admiral explorations! I think I like the 'inkblot' one most. Oddly enough, he started out as a completely different thing. (I need to experiment with oldschool cartoon styles more; they're too fun!)
These are not the first le skunkmirals. Actually, I've drawn him as a skunk quite a few times already, though those never got scanned. I don't want anyone to think admiral can magically turn himself into a skunk! He is, and forever shall be, a human.
Jules was never supposed to be a humanized version of Pepe le Pew, even though I love that character. Turning a French guy into a skunk is an obvious cliché and I know it - but this helps me to figure out how to draw him. I don't draw humans well. With their pear-shaped bodies, short paws and elegant colour schemes, skunks DO reflect the major features of admiral's appearance. That's dumb, but he's quite feminine-looking :D As the time went by, he developed really broad hips and a narrow chest, his body is smooth and I imagine he's able to strut softly, with lots of grace.
(I guess admiral enjoys being drawn as a skunk 'cos look how happy he is)
I wanted to draw Jeanie for many reasons now and you simply can't say 'no' to Jeanie! She belongs to Sarah. Last week I had a dream about you :D You had a cartoon show on TV and I watched the heck out of it. All of your major characters were there, Saria, Jo, Emaline and Jeanie of course. It was a nice dream and sort of broke the routine because all of my dreams are about food, haha! No wonder why I'm starving when I wake up.
You already know them and I suppose I don't have to repeat who they are. I can't take my little friends to Cracow with me and I'm going to miss them a lot. Apart from Bibi and Kreska, I had 6 other piggies! Guinea pigs had accompanied me even before I started going to school and it's probably easy to notice they're my favourite pets. People often neglect rodents but guinea pigs are really smart and have their own individual personalities. They make perfect pals and made a huge impact on me and my life, so I'll definitely keep some more of them in the future!
Besides, this is how they look in real life. And that little guy is my brother. I know the quality is pretty bad here but this is my favourite photo of my pigs, I received it while I was far away from home. On another continent, to be exact!
Drew these for my charahub. I'm not insanely happy with them but they'll have to do because I'm too lazy to draw another batch! Nice butt, admiral!
~~~~
Today is Friday the 13th and I posted 13 doodles, whoops! Please don't laugh but I actually believe in this particular fate. I had a scooter accident on Friday the 13th one year ago and twisted my right shoulder so badly that I couldn't write or draw for two weeks. Ouch!













oh wow, so many new things happening in your life all at once! that must be so exciting! even though i know you'll miss being surrounded by nature, sometimes a change of scenery can be really inspiring :3 and getting away from a toxic home can only bring positive changes! i hope you'll have lots of fun experiences there. best of luck!
ReplyDeletethat rumbrave is amazing! i got to see it on twitter a while back when she shared it :D she loved it (and so do i)! he looks so grumpy and thoughtful here, haha. i think it's really neat the way you draw other people's characters! i'm glad you shared the saria you drew for me a long time ago, i think it's the first time we ever really interacted, so it's special to me ;3
poor philippe! well, even if he isn't gonna stick around, i still love him. i really appreciate the fact that his design and colour-scheme aren't overly complicated (i see so many fox characters on fa/da with crazy colour-schemes to make them 'unique', yuck). i could instantly tell a lot about his personality from his posture and expression. what a nervous fella! and i loveee that colour of orange you chose for him. not too bright, but not too dull. just perfect :D i wonder what happened to his tail!
whoa, your little brother is only 8 and already so good at inking and colouring? i'm super impressed! it's awesome to see how much he's improved since that first picture. excellent work :D i hope he keeps going!
le skunkmiral! i've been SO excited to see these since you mentioned them the other day, and now i think i can die happy! gosh, i don't even know where to begin haha. all these different styles and colours are just so much fun to look at. ahh, the first one really POPS! that bright red nose is hilarious. so is the skunk stink on the tip of his tail :D i love these all to pieces, but i think i'm especially fond of the third one! i adore that confident expression and the way he's carrying himself. inkblot skunkmiral is wonderful too. you pulled the style off flawlessly! he looks like he popped right out of a cartoon from the 1930's haha. that vest and bow-tie are adorable! and i just wanna hug grey skunkmiral. he looks like he needs cheering up! this probably sounds like a strange question, but i'm in love with your lineart. it's really nicely textured! is that just from using a pencil or are you inking with a digital brush? either way, it looks great. i could sit here and stare at it all day!
wha!! my jaw just dropped, seriously. i didn't expect to see such an adorable jeanie when i scrolled down (or any jeanie at all, for that matter!). holy smokes, before i freak out about how perfect this is, i have to mention we had our first good rain in a while last night (and our first 'fall' day today), so i feel exactly like jeanie does here :D ahh, that background is so beautiful. i love those colours. they probably would seem 'gloomy' to other people, but they actually cheer me up! rainy days are my favourite, so they're also jeanie's favourite, and jumping in puddles is definitely something she likes to do! ahh, i can't get over how perfectly you draw her (she usually looks like a blob when i draw her, but she actually has a shape in your style!), that adorable expression with those rosy cheeks, and all the energy in that pose! you even drew her in her green sweater! i'm sorry cos i know i've said it twenty times already, but you're masterful with this lineless style <3 thank you so, so much! haha, and i'm surprised a dream with my characters didn't turn out to be a nightmare! i hope they behaved themselves xD it's funny, i've never dreamt of my own characters, but boatswain and le admiral made an appearance in one of my dreams a while back! i think they were arguing with each other over something silly. (more rambling in next comment, so sorry!)
aw, i'm sorry you have to leave bibi and kreska behind :c i'm sure they'll miss you too! i bet they'll be really excited to see you when you visit though! i think i saw a video of bibi a long time ago on youtube, but i hadn't seen kresksa yet, and wow! for some reason i didn't realise how big they were. i thought they were much, much smaller. they look like big balls of fluff :D how adorable! it's so awesome how accurately you draw them too! whenever i've tried to drawn my cats, it's a disaster, but your guinea pigs actually look like themselves in your art! i might actually get a guinea pig myself some day when i move. they sound like great little pets!
Deleteyou have a charahub! i think i must've spent an hour sitting here reading all that info :D oh my gosh, that was so much fun! i love them even more now! some of your answers made me laugh out loud, haha. you have no idea how much i adore your charactes xD their personalities and relationships with each other just make me so happy! thank you so much for sharing that! i love learning about them. it excited me when i realised the sketches under the pictures of them are in their favourite colours too :3 such a neat little touch!
oh, and i'm a little suspicious too about things like friday the 13th too, so i understand! i wasn't aware of the date yesterday, but maybe it has something to do with everyone in my house suddenly getting sick haha. spooooky!
agh, i'm sorry for the length of this comment.. i really tried to shorten it, but i know it's still probably gonna be two comments xD i'm gonna shut my mouth now! it's hard to do that cos i enjoy your art so much, haha. thank you again for sharing all these wonderful pictures and your charahub! totally made my day!
Wow, thank you for flooding me with so many nice words <3 It's very appreciated! While all of my family keeps on intimidating me about my move, you shared so many positive thougths. Thank you, I'm sure it won't be that bad too! :3
DeleteOh wow, thanks for letting me know she liked it so much! She thanked me, of course, but I'm not very happy with that doodle anymore, haha. And I have to tell you that I was actually too shy to share that Saria drawing at first, but as you posted that journal about commissioning Saria art, that was a spontaneous thought. :D
Thank you! Those colorful designs make me sick too and I'm glad you can tell so much about this character at the first sight! Even if I had known what happened to his tail, I forgot it. What a pity xD
I'm so very happy those skunkmirals didn't turn out to be disappointing to you! I might draw some more in the future. I shouldn't do that but it's tempting. Haha, d'aww, I'm more than certain that grey skunkmiral will allow you to squish him! It may be a difficult task, though. Especially around the waist!
Knowing that you like this kind of lineart is priceless for me 'cos I'm gonna dabble in it more! It's the default Photoshop brush with 10% scratter :)
Ahh, I didn't expect such enthusiastic reaction! And you need to know I had lots of fun with this one, your characters are always a pleasure to draw! I like figuring out what would they enjoy doing and I'm super happy to know Jeanie likes rain just as you do. I'll always think your Jeanies are the best, though!
I don't remember that dream in details but no worries, your crew didn't set the world on fire :D And hopefully bos and admiral arguing didn't interrupt your sleep, oops!
Thanks a bunch! People often tell me my piggies are big but Bibi and Kreska are nowhere near Papug, who apart from being huge was also really heavy, haha. They are easy to draw but I can't draw my cat at all. So you're not alone xD Guinea pigs are incredibly friendly but I have to warn you about one thing - they're MESSY. No wonder why they're called pigs!
Whew, I thought that my charahub is kinda dull but if you say it gave you a laugh, I feel relieved :D I suppose you're the only person interested in my creations that much and it's genuinely appreciated! I'm impressed you spotted that detail with their colours!
Haha, there's never any need to apologize for your comments 'cos they're undeniably the best thing about having this blog :D Reading them is like receiving a gift! A very, very motivating one. Thank you again, I hope you and your familiy will recover soon!