2013/08/16

Time flies!

Remember this? I'm finally going to post that thing I talked about back then. After more than 4 months, shhh, not bad :D
To begin with, you probably noticed I'm not particularly fond of my old drawings. They make me sick, in fact! I won't lie, I don't like looking back, but regardless of this, I really want to recap my stuff for once. Break out your patience, there's going to be lots of talking!

from flat to fleshy

We all recognize the 1990's cartoons and the fact most of them used a specific style that never happened before or after. Simplified, flat, usually very angular but still very eye-catching! From 2009 to early 2012 I was sort of obsessed with that kind of style and really wanted to imitate it on my own. I was also heavily influenced by Time Squad (which is still one of my favourite shows ever).
My doodles used to look like this:

October 2010
this:

July 2011

this:
July 2011


or this:

January 2012

More examples can be still found in my dA gallery! Oddly enough, not all of them look like these. Well, my drawings were very, very inconsistent back then and I seemed to use variety of styles, probably just because I couldn't find my own. At the beginning of 2012 this whole situation finally started getting me down. I wanted to change something about my drawings but I didn't exactly know how! There was one thing for sure, my drawings stopped working for me. I was fed up. Fed up with the lack of details, stiff poses, floating eyebrows, hideous egg-like eyes with tiny pupils (seriously, I hate that kind of eyes now!), everything.
So in April that year I finally told myself: 'I'm done being hateful towards my own drawings, I'm starting a style revolution!' Yes, these are my actual words, please don't laugh, I was just a simple kid :D


... revolution is a bad name, though. It's more like an evolution. It proceeds very slowly and lasts till this day, I think. I'm not quite satisfied with my works yet but I'm relieved I don't draw like a 10 year old anymore. I have lots of problems with perspective, dimensionality, expressions, poses and many other things. I erase more than I actually draw. My characters usually happen only from the 3/4 view, side or front since I have no clue how to draw any other views.
And speaking of my characters, I need to admit that the vision of 'converting' them into somewhat more fleshy really crept me out! It felt so helpless 'cos they were born flat, I had no idea how would they look the other way. I had 2 options: throw them away or try them to adapt. I chose the second option.

boatswain

Not the first of my characters because I had a number of them before - but the only that survived such a long period of time! (and isn't likely to disappear anytime soon)
Okay, so why does he exist? First of all, 'fursonas' were all the rage on deviantArt back then and I wanted a fursona just for the sake of having a fursona. What a dumb reason, ugh! Secondly, at that time I was reading Alfred Szklarski's adventure books and there was a boatswain too. I adored that character, so I wanted my own boatswain just for the sake of calling him 'boatswain'. Another dumb reason, haha. Thirdly, as a kid I dreamt of becoming a sailor but since it was never likely to come true, I wanted to draw sailors at least!
So my fairly new character combined these 3 things: fursona, nice rank and sailor. 'Fursona' dropped out even before captain appeared.
I never gave boatswain a name. I wasn't really sure whether I want him to stay or not; naming someone is usually associated with getting used to them, so I refused to do it! Later on people suggested me to name him 'John' or 'Ben' but I didn't like any of these. 'Boatswain' stayed for good.
His personality was undefined during the first few moths of his existence. The appearance of the other 2 guys made a huge impact on him, though. Bos doesn't have his own conscience, he's driven by something I'd call an instinct mixed with intuition. No matter what he does, he usually wants to take advantage of it and often unintentionally hurts somebody else's feelings along with it. At the bottom of his heart, he doesn't want to do that anymore - yet still doesn't quite distinguish good from evil. He distrusts most people and does his best to look as grumpy as possible in the public, because he doesn't even want to get in touch with strangers. But if you give him some fish, you'll sure discover he can be pretty friendly!

March 2010

Yesss, this is the very first drawing of boatswain. Please don't throw up or anything! Much worse things are coming!
Oh snap, I can't believe I actually gave him a 'sidemouth' xD This was the first technical boatswain, even though he was surrounded by some more seals-standing-on-two-legs that had happened before him, they weren't really boatswains. I was still figuring out how to draw him, his bandana and beard appeared few days later.


March 2010

This is the first coloured drawing of him that also made it onto my dA. Ima helped me a lot inventing his colours. He was a lot stubbier than now, just everything about him seemed to be thick, haha. Oh, and he had a tail! It was just much shorter and wasn't visible from that angle.

October 2010

I think this was an attempt to add some more fuzz to his fur! My previous doodles of him were pretty sleek.

early 2011

Probably the most oddly-proportioned bos I've ever drawn. Is it me or he really looks a bit like one of those Lego people? Ugh..!

late Spring/early Summer 2011

This is how boatswain would react to seeing these old doodles of him.


October 2011

I am so, so glad his shapes didn't stay this way. They make me cringe!

January 2012

I remember being insanely proud of this, haha. This was the first time I changed the shine on his nose! Also, have you noticed the markings on his palms? They weren't always there. It's something I came up with after a couple of months, and if you scroll up, you can see the 2nd boatswain lacks them. Both his nose and palms are the only 2 features that I changed intentionally; everything else about boatswain developed on its own.

February 2012

The skinniest bos that ever happened!

May/June 2012

Apart from these huge eyes, his design is finally getting closer to his current appearance! His eyebrows and bandana knot are still floaty but at least he's not so flat anymore. I never really liked that doodle, however now I see it was one of these kinda 'breakthrough' drawings.

September 2012

It probably wasn't necessary to show this because he looks just as he does today, but I didn't want to skip more than a year! I don't even know what to say about this one. It's just the boatswain we all recognize.

July 2013

This is boatswain today! And bleugh, I'm not happy with this at all... Everytime I try to capture how he's supposed to look, he looks exactly how he's NOT supposed to look. Despair, despair!

Anyway, as you've probably spotted, boatswain always kept putting on a tough expression. Does that mean he's brave? Actually, it doesn't! Bossie is a huge coward. Spiders, bats, raindrops, rustling/squeaky noises, everything like that can scare him to death. But as long as he keeps his shotgun around, he feels much more secure. And simply wants you to think he's fearless.

captain stick

Yep! Before he became Patrick, he was 'stick'. I still call him so now and then. And my naming skills are below zero, haha!
This character doesn't have any inspiration sources behind him. Just because boatswain seemed to be pretty lonely (he was my only character back then), I fastly came up with an idea to pair him with someone. Before captain appeared on paper, I didn't plan him to be friendly. I intended him to be mean, not brutal, but still very, very mean, and boatswain was supposed to be terrified of him. I'm relieved it didn't happen! Good ol' captain is far more fun to draw when he's so laid-back. This also means bos has someone to rely on.
Patrick didn't go through so much drastic changes. Still, it would be unfair to say he didn't really change. He used to be a clumsy goofball that never harms anyone just because he is retarded. That early concept sure was pitiful. Today's captain definitely isn't dumb, maybe still a bit slow, but not dumb. Actually, I believe that deep, deep down he's a misunderstood genius :D His imagination is incredibly rich but since he hardly ever shares his ideas with the public, none of us knows what's on his mind at the moment! He's a mystery on two legs!
From 2010 to late 2011 he used to be the character I drew most often. But as my neuroticism & social anxiety grew, he wasn't the one I could relate to anymore, so I gradually started neglecting him. Still, I like remembering how much nice memories I have with this guy! I miss being cempletely carefree yet I take comfort in knowing that capt'n stayed as calm as I wish to be.

July 2010

His first appearance. Always. Cracks. Me. Up.
I think I sketched some hair on his head back then but I was quite absent-minded and simply forgot to ink that detail. Poor capt'n is bald just out of that mistake till today.
You probably think I must have been drunk to draw his arms that way but I wasn't because I'm a teetotaller! I swear he has the weirdest proportions here. Luckily, I never messed them up so much again!

September 2010

Don't throw up, don't throw up! This is still not the worst thing!
All of captain's limbs were made out of noodles for a long period of time. I admit I still like noodle-y arms but those were awfully poorly drawn.

November 2010

How could I give him such a horse-face? This is the question.
(but I still like these tiny chicks, they're kinda fun!)

January 2011

Patrick has his sad/nostalgic moments sometimes. It may look like some kind of 'vent art' but it's just something I drew because I was listening to sad songs. I am proud to say - music influences me a lot.
I can't believe he actually had such looong legs. His crazy proportions made him really hard to draw after a while!

May 2011

This happens to be one of these ultra-rare drawings that I'm still sentimental about! Ima always liked captain and it, of course, had to be drawn.

August 2011

(I think I smell a rat)

October 2011

Lots of things about this make no sense. One of them is cappin's face. I guess this comes from the apogee of the weirdness of my style.

November 2011


After drawing it, I finally realised that the length of his legs is slowly making him impossible to draw. They gradually grew shorter later on!

December 2011

Capt'n is watching cartoons which is very inconsistent because he doesn't own a TV set..!

August 2012

You might remember this doodle from my tumblr. Another problem with Patrick was his morbidly long face. I'm still struggling with it! But at least it's a bit shorter today.

June 2013

I've been complaining about his length/proportions so many times I eventually decided to 'flip' them. Now the legs are actually shorter than the torso. Patrick is finally much easier for me to draw, even though I've always had problem with drawing skinny & tall characters, I'm kinda familiar with short legs, so he doesn't have to be so troublesome anymore.
"All the knowledge ..." is one of my most favourite quotes, by Johann Wolfgang Goethe, and I've been associating it with captain ever since.

August 2013

This is captain today. He loves toads! Toads don't care.
There's still a load of things to work on and I have absolutely no clue how to draw his face but I'm hoping to figure it out sooner or later. After 3 years of his existence it's HIGH TIME to learn to capture my own character.

Patrick is such a big child. Just give him a lollipop and he'll squeak like a kid! He notices the smallest things that other people at his age usually overlook, and derives a great joy out of them. While my other 2 characters tend to be frequently grumpy, captain is almost always happy. His outlook on life is a perfectly balanced mix between Epicureanism and Stoicism.

le admiral

Numerous things inspired/caused me to create this guy. And lots of other stuff made an impact on him later on. But since I don't want this part of text to turn into an epopee, I won't talk about them now. I'll try to post them separately in one of my 'character facts' someday!
Yet the very first reason why admiral happened is that I just wanted a villain. Boatswain and captain were best friends, and had no enemies - their world was way too idyllic. With admiral, I intended to mess things up.
I've already told you that I can't think up names on my own at all, so in his case I just opened the giant name list on Wikipedia and picked out one with my eyes closed. It was 'Jules'! I didn't like it for the first 2 years but right now I don't think it's so bad because it reminds me of Julius Caesar :D
Many things about le admiral seem to be extreme. Some people love him, the others hate him. Some say he's cute, the others tell me he's gross. How he changed over time is also sort of radical. Both outside and inside, he's totally different now!
He used to be a bully with morbidly inflated ego and I can clearly see why my watchers didn't like him. Admiral with such flat personality didn't last long, though. Today he's much more personal to me which I still find very surprising because he was designed to be a character with a completely different personality than my own.
Admiral never received much respect or kindness from anyone and as the time flew, it made him sort of frustrated inside. He's torn - always insecure about his own feelings and even more insecure about showing them. He often pretends to be standoffish but in fact, he has the same needs as you or me. Jules has really developed sense of duty, he's diligent, he's brave, he's self-reliant - but since nobody pays any attention to these personal qualities of his, he doesn't even notice them on his own anymore. He still can be a little bit mean sometimes and still has anger issues, but pummels only when provoked!

September/October 2010

Yeah... despite my best efforts, I couldn't find his first appearance. I guess I misplaced it shortly after it was drawn. The 2nd drawing of him was photoshopped and even made it onto my dA, but I removed it both from my gallery and PC after a couple of months. I have such a big passion for deleting.
Just imagine the most abominable version of admiral that could possibly ever exist... that got hit by a truck... and got trodden down by a herd of rhinos! The original drawing could make your eyes bleed, so I'm kinda relieved I lost it.

November 2010

Instead of that, I can show you this. If you've ever wondered whether admiral was always a tub of lard, here's proof he wasn't. I think he was supposed to be quite 'handsome' when he was young but my poor drawing skills didn't show it at all back then. And look, for the first time in his life he had an actual neck!

July 2011

I can also show you this because I think it perfectly illustrates how every single admiral looked like in the past, haha. Seriously, all of them seem to be drawn by a 5 year old!

December 2010

Ugghhh, I hope you all had a bucket at hand while your breakfast was looking for the way out D:
This is still not as horrendous as any of the early drawings, but it's still a NASTY thing. Do you see that little face on admiral's finger? He called it 'monsieur finger' and treated as his only friend. Monsieur finger disappeared over the years, though. Also, admiral's uniform was white and changed quite a few times.
Oh! And my characters talked. They haven't said a single word since 2 years now and I don't even know if they still remember how to speak.

January 2011

He used to be more potato-shaped and his legs were longer. I drew this one for Tiri, who always liked him no matter how ugly he was. I admit I was quite fond of that kitty character on admiral's shoulder back then and even intended to stick her around! But gave up to that idea eventually, I wanted admiral to stay as much paranoid and lonely as possible. (how cruel!)

July 2011

I must have been completely blind to draw his hair that way, ewww...
Admiral still has a jagged tooth on the right side. But today all of his smiles are actually too brief to show it. His little chin didn't remain -  I erased it in December that year because it didn't look alike.
And - did you know? Ima coloured him. There's no single thing I coloured about him on my own!

August 2011

Always stuck with a bad luck!
At that time I thought my style was 'grounded' and wasn't likely to change anymore. I started working on backgrounds and... now I think they weren't that bad! I'm hoping to start developing my backgounds once again in the nearest future, but I can't promise anything. I'm still dabbling with my own characters and, as usual, the results are far away from decent.

October 2011

What. The. Heck.

February 2012

Admiral is getting bottom-heavy but still not any closer to his current appearance.

August 2012

This one you might remember! One year ago I thought it was the best admiral I've ever drawn, haha. Regardless of this, he's finally evolving into who he is today.

December 2012

From the gift I drew for Sarah. Lots of obvious mistakes but I still like this one.
I think this is the eventual version of his uniform, too.

August 2013

This is le admiral today! Gingerbread cruiser, anyone?
I think he should lose few kilos and there is, of course, lots of things to work on... Either way, I don't hate his design at least. How he'll look in the following year, we'll see!

When he first appeared in my dA gallery, he was wearing a white jacket-like uniform and got mistaken for a chef once. That gave me an idea for a nice hobby for him. Admiral loves cooking and this is literally the only thing that no one tells him he's doing wrong. In case of preparing food, he has lots of patience, creativity and talent. He dreamt about becoming a professional chef as a kid but ended up in the navy somehow. C'est la vie!

interactions

June 2013

You'd probably think I should finally shut my mouth but there's one more thing I want to talk about :D
Do my characters share the same universe? Yes. They all live in the neighbourhood, so they're kinda forced to put up with each another, in fact! Apart from this, they can interact with anyone and everyone. Characers from the future, characters from the past, characters of totally uncommon species, real people... all of them.
The relationship between my trio is probably obvious but I'll try to pair each with each and explain how exactly they interact. Because I very rarely draw them all together! Not because it's wrong, I'm just lazy.

boatswain & captain

August 2010

The very first time they ever interacted, they instantly became friends! And look, they both forgot to wear their dentals, haha!
Something such as 'perfect friendship' doesn't exist, but if there's any relationship close to it, bos and capt'n share it. Both boatswain and captain are orphans but while boatswain became bereft late enough to live on his own, Patrick was still wee. He was a foundling and bos took care of him, and taught everything he knows. And so it goes! Boatswain is the brain of this duo; captain is the heart. Their personalities are very divergent and they easily complement each other.
Of course they argue sometimes. Everyone argues! But one or two days is long enough to realise how much they miss each other, so the reunion always happens quickly.
Cappin is a kind of boatswain's conscience. Without his own, bos can safely rely on captain's. Boatswain is still a bit of a thief sometimes but as he knows that captain doesn't approve that, he tries to make a living without resorting to crimes.

March 2013

I tried to re-draw that old drawing! It happened 5 months ago, so I'm no longer happy with it but oh well.

admiral & boatswain

Spring 2012

An exact opposite of the previous relationship!
I've always called them 'eternal enemies' or 'sworn enemies' but for the few last months now I've been calling them 'fenemies'. Even though they don't quite realise that yet, they wouldn't be able to live without each other :D During all the numerous battles both formed lots of attachment.
Boatswain is usually the one who starts... and also frequently the one who wins. Regardless of admiral's obvious superiority, bos usually attacks unexpectedly and from the back. Poor admiral is helpless!
You already know le admiral used to be a villain but later on I realised that not every single cartoon universe needs baddies and heroes. Today's admiral isn't evil and boatswain also isn't that bad. What I think propels their conflicts - is the lack of understanding. Also lots, lots, lots and lots of jealousy. They probably wouldn't hate each other so much if they knew how much in common they have, haha.
Still, they can cooperate sometimes. It's VERY rarely seen and they don't want anyone to know about it. But it happens!

captain & admiral

February 2011

This ugly weird thing is literally the last time I've ever drawn them interacting.
No wonder why they almost never do that! If boatswain saw both his friend and fenemy together, he'd probably have a heart attack.
This is why I don't know very much about their relationship; I'm sure they like each other but none of them had a chance to say that. Maybe it's a good thing they don't interact often, though? They're both really reckless and I'm afraid the world would end quickly if they got any closer to some stronger kind of explosives!

the very end

If you made it to the end, I'm genuinely and forever impressed!
In case of drawing, I'm still learning and getting to know my own creations. I think it's a sort of process that never really ends. 2013 definitely isn't my 'drawing year' but deep down I hope this hobby won't drop out anytime soon, because even if I say I hate drawing - I don't mean it.

Thank you for reading (if you did)! Please don't feel pressured to comment, it's a LONG darn thing that took me 4 days to write.

7 comments :

  1. Kiedyś, jak dorosnę, Kapitan zostanie moim mężem ;_;. Z każdym rokiem jest coraz przystojniejszy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayy!!

    first of all, i admire your patience and dedication when it comes to writing such long blog posts. i had one about saria sitting my drafts for the longest time i was too lazy to ever finish xD i'm so glad you did this! i've been looking forward to learning more about your character's origins. it was a bright spot in an otherwise very dark day!

    eee, words can't describe my excitement at being able to take a peek at some of your older art! i wish i could've been around to see it when it first happened, because (even though you say it's awful) i love it. you were incredibly skilled three years ago, yet you've still managed to improve so much. how inspiring! if only i could somehow convince you to stop deleting things, haha. it makes me sad that there's so much of your art i'll never get to see! as someone who deletes her art a lot too, though, i understand. i just love all your creations so much, no matter how old. seeing artwork by you is like opening up a gift! seriously!

    boatswaiiin! i had no idea his appearance had changed so drastically over time. it's adorable how short and chubby he use to be :D he's definitely one of my most favourite characters, and since the first time i saw him on your tumblr, i always thought he was very unique. i'm glad he stuck around so long and you put so much effort into developing him. his little fears and quirks make me happy. he and i share a fear of spiders! and it's interesting that he seems to lack a conscience on his own. part of why i love him so much is because he's such a grump, but i'm glad he has captain there to teach him right from wrong. i have to admit, even if you hate them, i really love the pictures of him from 2011. the way you inked things back then was neat-o! i'm a sucker for really thick lineart. and holy smokes, i'm absolutely adore the most recent boatswain <3 look at that expression! and the inking! (and those clothes!) ahh, i can't stop looking. i hope someday to be half as good as you are at drawing!

    whoa, i think patrick has changed tons! he was so wonderfully wiggly in his earlier years, haha. i like this character a lot, and i think that's partly because i'm nothing like him! i'm not a very cheerful person by nature, but i can appreciate those who are. i actually think your art of him has sort of a calming effect on me. when i see him, i feel better about stuff! the picture of him with the chicks is a good example of that. he seems so gentle and kind and laid-back, like the kind of guy you'd want to go to if you were having a bad day or something. i bet just spending time with him (without even having to speak) could make a person feel better. i remember seeing the picture of him with the balloon on your imageshack when i was having a nasty day and it made me smile. oh, and i think you playing around with his proportions paid off too - they work really well! the short legs and long body look great together. you have no clue how many times i've ruined this poor fella's design trying to doodle him xD i'm glad he's not just a 'silly' character too :) i always thought there was more to him than met the eye!

    (to be continued in a second comment since blogger has that silly character limit. sorry!!)





    ReplyDelete

  3. haha, i got excited when i scrolled down and saw 'le admiral'. i think he's my favourite of your crew (though i love 'em all)! there's just something special about him to me. i don't care what anyone else says, i think he's wonderful, even with his flaws! i'm glad he's such a good chef too haha. you know how much i love people who can cook xD gosh, it's a treat being able to see all this old artwork of him :D i can't believe how far he's come along! the 'bad luck' picture is really impressive (and reminds me i need to start practising more with backgrounds too, oops!) - the lineless style you use for art sometimes is so charming. lots of nice little details to get lost in! and i really love the image of him holding the water balloon, especially since his body shape has always reminded me of one! your artwork has never lacked energy or humour, no matter how old. you should be proud of that :D also, i can't lie, i squealed out loud when i saw 2013 admiral. honestly, i could write a book about how much i love that picture. the colours (the ones on his clothes are some of my favourites, plus your shading looks fantastic, adds so much depth!), the shapes, the expression, the gingerbread cruiser (which i want to pluck off the screen and eat, yum), everything about it! you say you have a jeanie collection on your computer? WELL i have a le admiral collection! and i'm thrilled to be add this picture to it. maybe you aren't completely satisfied with it, but it looks completely perfect to me! really cheered me up seeing that, haha.

    it's fascinating to read about your characters' relationships with each other too. i always wondered how patrick and le admiral would get along. it makes me happy to know they'd probably like eachother. and i had no clue patrick was an orphan! it makes me like boatswain even more for helping him out! boatswain and le admiral's interactions have always made me laugh. i find their relationship adorable for some reason, haha. i hope we'll get to see more of them together sometime!

    this wasn't hard to read at all! i was sad when i reached the end of it, actually, haha. it was fun and i didn't want it to be over xD 2013 seems like it's been a tough year for a lot of us artists for some reason, but i hope you don't give up drawing either! i always look forward to being able to see more of your art. thank you for sharing so much of it today! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, thank you for another incredibly thoughtful opinion! I feel kinda guilty receiving such comments 'cos I don't deserve them and it's impossible to thank you enough!

      Owww, I'd love to see that Saria post D: But I understand too. I almost gave up to this one a couple of times. And I miss your blogger so much but I don't want to force you to stay here. Yet always remember that I adore reading your posts and commenting on them. It's a big privilege to do it <3

      And wow, I'm so glad my old drawings don't make you sick! While I really like looking at other people's old art, my own always puts the most miserable expressions on my face. In case of deleting, I finally told myself to stop. But what is gone, will never be back and I regret it sometimes!

      I'm thrilled to know boatswain is one of your favs, such a big honour to him! I need to admit you're really, really observant. You always draw the most accurate conclusions about all my characters! Which is so impressive to my eyes, you got to know them on my dumblr and that was not so long ago :D I always thought spiders are somewhat cute but at the same time I understand people who are afraid of them! And I have no clue how on earth I was able to draw my linearts so thick, today I can't make them so at all xD

      Wow, thank you so much for all the kind words, you understand him so well! Probably even better than me, haha :D It was never intentional, but I think captain became sort of who I wish to be over the years. He has his flaws but lives on friendly terms with them and doesn't force himself to be sad just because he's imperfect. I have that constant fear of being 'not good enough' and that drives me insane sometimes. You've no idea how much thrilled I am to know seeing him lifts your mood up. Oh my gosh, definitely one of the best things I've ever got to know :3

      Knowing that le admiral is your favourite made me ultra happy! He doesn't have much fans and I'll bet he's all blushy now xD And you can have the entire gingerbread thingie, haha! Thank you for everything, all of your opinions are so very precious and I'm relieved my old doodles of him didn't scare you off. Yes, I kinda miss knowing how to draw backgrounds, I think your sceneries are masterful already - you're miles beyond me! Also, knowing that you collect admirals is really inspiring me to draw him more!

      My characters' backstories are already considered but I've never ever published them, maybe I'll do it someday, it would explain a whole lot. Thank you again, you understand everything perfectly as always :D

      I'm afraid I'll run out of space soon, so I'll say it shortly: your comments are both very inspiring and motivating, everytime I receive them, I explode out of happines! Your posts and art also makes this kind of impact on me and I'm eternally grateful you ARE. Thank you! :333

      Delete
    2. you're very welcome! haha, you deserve much better comments than what i can write. i'm not good with words! xD i just know i love your art lots.

      blogger is nice, but it likes to give my computer issues for some reason! plus i felt bad all i seemed to be using it for was whining and complaining haha. maybe someday i'll make a new one. tumblr is just much easier to use in the meantime :3

      yep, i love all your characters and think they're all wonderful in their own ways :D thank you for creating them and sharing them! and thank you so much for all the kind words too! of course i have to disagree with them, but they're very nice to hear ;D

      you're welcome again! i explode out of happiness every time you post something - whether it's sketches, finished pictures, or text :>

      Delete
    3. You're perfect with words to me 'cos you're an English-speaking person :3 Polish is nothing like English and I think the only words whe have in common are 'zero' and 'zebra' (differently pronounced, though!), haha :D I have lots of troubles putting thoughts into words.

      Oh! I see. I seem to get the same kind of problem in case of Imageshack and I stopped using it too, that site got really annoying!

      Haha, oh my, I feel odd being thanked for my characters xD It's more like I should thank YOU for your sentiment for them, so thank you! It's very appreciated especially because they're not so likeable or cool. And whoops, I meant to say it earlier but totally forgot. I'm blown away you tried to draw captain! I'm more than sure he looked better than my own (as everything you draw)! :D

      Aww, merci, I think I'm melting from all your kindness again!

      Delete