2013/08/08

The weather is killing me

SORRY in advance for this post, it's gonna be stupid! But I really need to take it off my chest before I burn down completely!


So this is the weather forecast for tomorrow. While all of the other regions will be enjoying some rainy/cloudy weather, we'll be left alone with all that merciless sun. How much I hate living here, you've no idea!
I've never really liked summer, even started to hate it few years ago, but now I don't think there's a word to describe the relationship between me and this haunted season. Because 'hate' is far too weak! I don't remember if I said it before, but here's something really weird about me - all of the weather types that are commonly considered to be bad are actually my favourites. This means:
- freezing cold =  awesome,
- snowstormy = awesome,
- thunderstormy = awesome,
- rainy & gloomy = awesome,
- milk-like foggy = awesome,
- sunny with the clear sky = horror and destruction!

This year's summer is completely deadly and I'm really running out of steam... It's hard to breathe, it's impossible to stay outside for more than 15 minutes without melting, and it doesn't even get better at night. Our thermometer often shows 36°C which means around 97°F I think. Once my dad left a fresh apple inside his car and as he came back, the apple was fried. My poor guinea pigs are more like two capybaras now because I have to dip them in the water twice a day to avoid overheating. They both love gobbling up fresh grass but soon they won't have much to eat because our backyard is slowly turning into a desert. My cat started biting me while petting - my hands are too hot for him, I guess. And I'm not exaggerating. Why mother nature, WHY? Why do you think Poland is in Africa?

So this is probably the hottest time I've ever experienced and my only wish now is to see the rain. Our province isn't the hottest of all, but it's apparently the driest! Like one or two years ago we had a similar situation and when it finally started to rain, I went out onto the roof (and I'm afraid of highs), hugged the rain and said how much I had missed it. YEP, I am pathetic enough to hug the rain :D Right now I'm using this magical thing that Sarah showed to the public a long while ago. Thank you for saving my life! This wonderful noise really works for me, tricks my brain into thinking it's chilly and ignoring the actual temperature.


Now I'm done writing that novel of my summer hate. Sorry for all this grumbling and rage! I'd probably throw here a drawing expressing my feelings about this heatwave but it's even too hot to draw. My drawing kit remains untouched for another week... Imagine boatswain shaving his entire fur and yelling out nasty words or something..!

Edit:

I still haven't drawn anything but Sarah have and oh my gosh, I swear she did an excellent job. Look at this marvel I got from her! :D This drawing really cheered me up on another hellish day. I hope boatswain won't let this amazing help go unrewarded!
Thank you again <3