On December 1st a new member was recruited to my crew. Now it's time to introduce her to the rest of the world! (or just one person who reads this blog <3)
This is Mia, a character that Red Dead Redemption 2 inspired me to create. She's a Clydesdale. Palomino is a relatively rare coat colour for them, yet I went with it because it's my favourite (and I prefer light and simple colourations in general)!*
She has only existed for a short while, so I still have a lot to learn about her. Thus far I know she's outgoing, sweet and motherly - very kind and caring to everyone she considers a close companion. Her work consists mostly of pulling a cart and she genuinely enjoys it, but she happily lets others climb on her back too. Unless she has a bad feeling about them! Mia has a bit of a temper: she's courageous, protective and can be stubborn sometimes. But she's always gentle to everybody who treats her and her family with respect. Like all of my animal characters, she has her own distinctive neckwear.
And as you can guess, she belongs to admiral! Up until now his main mode of transport was an automobile. I drew it once and it appeared in this post. Admiral always hated that piece of junk because it had a nasty habit of breaking down each time he needed it. It was a constant source of aggravation, so he finally decided to replace it with something... someone a lot more reliable and friendly! Admiral (understandably) considers himself too heavy for horseback riding and uses a cocking cart instead. I haven't doodled it yet but sure will one day.
Drawing Mia was very fun until I got to the point where I realised she was way too small! I had to reconstruct her whole body, change the shapes and adjust the proportions... I'm not entirely pleased with how she looks right now - but then again, I can't be too fussy. I have almost no experience with drawing horses, so mistakes are bound to happen! I'll be working on her one step at a time and we'll see where it takes me. I'm excited to discover more about her.
Thank you for checking in, this is all I have for you today!
* - Mia was formerly a Gypsy Vanner, but I decided to scrap that idea for various reasons (which can be found on my Tumblr)!
And as you can guess, she belongs to admiral! Up until now his main mode of transport was an automobile. I drew it once and it appeared in this post. Admiral always hated that piece of junk because it had a nasty habit of breaking down each time he needed it. It was a constant source of aggravation, so he finally decided to replace it with something... someone a lot more reliable and friendly! Admiral (understandably) considers himself too heavy for horseback riding and uses a cocking cart instead. I haven't doodled it yet but sure will one day.
Drawing Mia was very fun until I got to the point where I realised she was way too small! I had to reconstruct her whole body, change the shapes and adjust the proportions... I'm not entirely pleased with how she looks right now - but then again, I can't be too fussy. I have almost no experience with drawing horses, so mistakes are bound to happen! I'll be working on her one step at a time and we'll see where it takes me. I'm excited to discover more about her.
Thank you for checking in, this is all I have for you today!
* - Mia was formerly a Gypsy Vanner, but I decided to scrap that idea for various reasons (which can be found on my Tumblr)!

!!! I LOVE HER. Those colours, that head shape, her fluffy mane, and the feathering on her hooves <3 She's a true beauty! I picked up on that maternal vibe before I even read the text - she seems very gentle :D Holy moly, she's a perfect addition to your crew, I can't even find words to express how thrilled I am to meet Mia! Ooh man, I can hardly wait to see her again :) Poor Taffy looks a little unsure about being up on her back, but I'm sure she has nothing to worry about <3
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing Mia with us (and for introducing me to a breed of horse I'd never heard of before - I can't wait to do some research about them!). Meeting your newest character made my evening :D I think she's perfect <3
Thank you so much!!! Designing her was fun! She was originally going to have a much more complicated colour scheme, but I'm honestly glad she ended up looking like she does now :) I'm happy you appreciate that simplicity and you were able to guess some of her traits just by looking at her! Knowing that you want to see more of Mia is SUPER flattering, holy moly <3
DeleteAhh, I can't thank YOU enough for your feedback! I have the same reaction when I meet your characters (or learn more about the existing ones) :D Thank you once again for the comment!