2015/05/29

2004 - 2006 doodles

I have to write two reviews, two essays, make one project and take four exams, all within 2 weeks. I definitely shouldn't be updating my blog right now!
But I don't care. I'm in such a good mood I want to take advantage of it. I decided to share some of my ancient MS Paint doodles from 2004, 2005 and 2006. If you are familiar with me, you certainly know I hate my old scribbles. But there are exceptions! When I was in primary school, I didn't treat drawing seriously for the most part - my doodles were ugly as heck - but they were intentionally ugly, haha. Really odd, too.

Everything here is posted in chronological order, from oldest to... less old. Oh! And please keep in mind that most of the doodles are actually collaborations between me and my friend. Drawing was our pastime, we used to do it exclusively for laughs. Okay, let's start!






Apparently I was into inflation back then, haha.



This one is still pretty good, I think!



This thing is terrible but I love that fly on the left :D


You are going to see dozens of Worms. I don't know why but I used to squeeze them in every single picture at some point!





(I didn't know how to write "yeah")

These are my friend's hamsters. They were all named "Homer".



This is a good example of a collab. I drew the guy on the left, my friend the one on the right. Sweet Lord, look at those hands.



Fun fact: my first word ever was "dee dee"! This is supposed to be Dee Dee from Dexter's Laboratory, pfff.



This is our neighbour. He made it into many drawings, haha.


This malformed cucumber was intended to be one of my guinea pigs!




Nice chin, sun!





There's even a fisherman fish!



We used to listen to the radio quite often in the early 2000's! Then we would draw the artists, often having no idea how they looked like. This is Elton John. Or, at least, is supposed to be.




Lee Ryan? I don't even know who that guy is.




Shakira, drawn by my friend. She actually looks like herself, haha!







Haddaway. This has to be my favourite xD




We also made a series of drawings of our teachers. Some of these are really mean!












 Oh my gosh. This is the first and the last time I post something slightly NSFW, haha. Sorry if you didn't want to see this!





Spongebob Squarepants used to be rather good back in those times. I think it's downright obnoxious right now, though.


(This happened when I discovered Ctrl + C & Ctrl + V!)



"Yum, yum, a donut!"


The title says "flamingo"... wat.


This is a lady who liked to cuss in as many foreign languages as she knew :D


More celebrities. I have no idea who this guy is, though.


Tina Turner, pfff!








This is supposed to be Cheese from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends! Another cartoon that used to be good but went downhill after a while.





I don't heart Green Day. I don't even like it.


Ohh! Are you familiar with Les Shadoks? It's one of my favourite shows of all time. They don't air it anymore but it was so amazingly bizarre and surreal. I'd love to buy it on DVD but I'm afraid it doesn't exist on DVD, sadly.


Ah, the music you listened to in the early 2000's.





Our neighbour is a police officer, so naturally he's chomping an obligatory donut.




These Eds (or Edds?) were drawn by my friend. I think she did a good job, they look like themselves!





What was in my mind to draw things like this? I guess we'll never find out!


The title says it's a nightingale.





This is Potato Pirate! He's very nice and loves the smell of fresh potatoes!




That's how I would draw my dad. He would take forms of various sea monsters!


I've just realized that this thing is holding a toothbrush but it doesn't have any teeth!



Why is everyone so excited about cookies in those doodles? I don't even like cookies that much!



(My dad)





My older brother.. ???


Dad, please don't eat that crossdresser.


"Look how fast I run!"


My little brother, friend's ferret and dad.



I liked dinosaurs, apparently!


This is a family portrait, haha <3 In the bottom right corner is my dad, on his head is my little brother. My mom is collecting the ice cream from his cone (she looks nothing like this in real life!). The guy with huge feet is my older brother. The girl in the upper left corner is my friend. I am that small weirdo with the glasses. I was never bald!




This one has nothing to do with the rest of the stuff but I wanted to post it anyway! I think I painted it in 2009 or 2010, also just for fun. When we still had guinea pigs, me and my little brother had a special play. We pretended the piggies were deported to USSR. The backyard was Kazakhstan and we would build a small village out of wooden sticks and dried grass. Then we would set the village on fire (don't worry, no guinea pigs were harmed druing this!) and evacuate the villagers. The point of this play for the guinea pigs was to escape the Soviets. Holy smokes, I miss those times.


This is everything I have for today. You don't need to comment! I hope I didn't creep you out with all those psycho doodles!

3 comments :

  1. hahah, these are awesome! some of them were so wacky they had me laughing out loud (especially the ones of your 'dad' and the one where you discovered how to copy and paste, pfff. ALSO the family portrait. "i was never bald" haha). they remind me a bit of the iscribble collabs jim and i used to make back in 2008/2009, except ours were usually NSFW. pretty much everything we drew was either throwing up or bleeding. one time we invited a mutual friend to an iscribble session and i'm pretty sure we scarred them for life. they didn't last five minutes before they suddenly had to leave haha.

    anyway, i'm super glad you decided to share these. i was sad when i scrolled down and there were no more, cos i love seeing your art, new or old. and it's funny - i actually catch a glimpse of your style today in some of these older doodles (i mean that as a compliment!). even if you weren't really 'trying', your lineart was still really good - especially for MS paint. i was impressed by your friend's drawings as well. do they still draw? :D oh yeah, and i had fun spotting the worm in lots of these doodles. such a happy worm!

    the story for the last picture was interesting to read about, and the painting itself is extremely well done. the style is very reminiscent of a children's book or something. i can't stop staring! i love bibulka's babushka (i don't know if that's the right word and i'm sorry! i think that's what people call them here). is that lord papug? i don't know if i've ever seen art of him before, but i remember you talking about him a few times! i've always admired how you draw your guinea pigs. they look especially neat standing on two feet like that. i'm sorry your guinea pigs are no longer with you, but very glad you have these memories of them to hold on to :)

    thank you again for sharing these :D i did a double take when i saw you'd updated your blog. it's always a good day when there's bluesman art to look at!! good luck with your reviews, projects, essays, and exams and such! just typing those words sends a shudder down my spine. no fun :c i'm sure you'll do great though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! I'm glad these made you laugh instead of horrifying you, haha. Ohh, I remember those collabs, I saw some of them in Jim's deviantart gallery. They scared me at first but now I love them! Especially those with Kitsune being chopped or smashed. I'll bet you had tons of fun drawing things like that :D Don't worry, we also made dozens of NSFW doodles, I just didn't post them! I draw only family-friendly stuff now and simply didn't want to clutter this blog with those abominations.

      You're right! I can also spot the similarities. It's odd because my style has gone through lots of different changes but eventually I seem to have come back to the starting point, haha. History repeats itself! I have no idea whether my friend still draws or not but I hope she does. Unfortunately, we aren't in touch anymore :(

      Oh my gosh, thank you! I'm surprised you think so because I wasn't trying while painting this one, too. Yes, "babushka" is absolutely correct! It also means "grandmother" in Russian. And that's right! It's Lord Papug (Papeć), there are two doodles of him in my old dA gallery. I have more but some of them were never posted. It's amazing you recognized him!

      Thank you for your wonderful comment! Both reviews are done, I think I'll be able to cope with the rest as well. I hope your life starts treating you well very, very soon. Take care!

      Delete