I have a couple of doodles I made earlier this month for practice. I don't want to pollute my Twitter with them and I also don't want them to go directly on my Flickr, so I might just dump 'em here. Good old Blogger deserves an update once in few months. This is still one of my favourite sites!
A cougar. I don't know what else to say about it except for the fact my dad saw me drawing it and he liked it a lot. Thank you, dad!
I sketched this sometime after the delay of Red Dead Redemption 2 was announced. I wasn't surprised by that but (needless to say) I still felt disappointed! I speculate it might get delayed one more time, which - for me - would be good news because I'll probably be too busy to play it in Spring 2018. But you should always expect the unexpected with Rockstar Games!
I tried to draw Niko Bellic and it ended up in a DISASTER. The only reason I'm posting this is that I want an excuse to talk about Grand Theft Auto IV and V (there are no spoilers, so you can keep reading)!
Even though both of my brothers owned GTA IV on PC and PS3, I never really had a chance to beat it until it became backwards compatible on Xbox One in 2017. It quickly made it onto the list of my top favourite games. I find the story to be somewhat similar to Breaking Bad; it's really dark and the ending is bittersweet. Niko is one badass protagonist too! I enjoyed playing as him a lot - from arranging activities with his acquaintances to wreaking havoc in Liberty City. The graphics haven't aged well and the controls are very clunky but overall GTA IV was a great experience for me. I'm definitely going to come back to this game.
Then there's GTA V... I admit I haven't beaten it yet, but after completing 1/4 of the missions I feel like I'm not going to like it very much. I don't want to sound too harsh - it's a fun game and I can definitely see the huge amount of effort that went into it. It's WAY too satirical for my tastes, though. What I admire about Niko's story is the serious plot, believable characters and that eerie atmosphere of Liberty City. Besides, having just one main hero makes it easier to get to know him and identify with him.
GTA V is very over the top, it seems like every single character is supposed to be a caricature. I frickin' hate Trevor, I don't give a damn about Franklin and I'm not too sure about Michael. Likewise, the dialogues are a pain to listen to, while IV had many meaningful conversations between the characters (especially ones with Dwayne!). Apart from that, I can't get used to V's physics, which were significantly toned down compared to the previous R* games. IV had phenomenal ragdolls, just like RDR. While playing as Niko, one of my favourite things to do was picking up hot dogs on the street and throwing them at pedestrians just to watch them fall over, haha.
One more rant - I think IV had better music, just listen to that kickass intro:
But I'm definitely going to give GTA V a chance; maybe my opinion will change when I finish it. I hope so!
My little bro saw me drawing this and called it the worst thing I've ever drawn, which made me laugh out loud! I find some of his critique both hilarious and useful, although I wish he justified his words more often and gave me tips!
When I was creating my sailor characters, one of the biggest mistakes I made is that I shaped them all very badly. They had wicked proportions and looked very flat. Every once in a while I try to reshape or tweak them - I doodled this to understand Packie's head more. Right now it developed into an overstretched egg! Captain is ashamed of his lack of hair (thank God he has eyebrows for some reason!), so he rarely exposes it, but it doesn't mean his head doesn't have to make any sense.
I sketched this several months ago, I don't even know why. I'm sure admiral and Taffy are getting along much better right now! She'll probably always be intimidated by him but at the same time she appreciates being around someone so resourceful and protective!
I wanted to doodle Syk and the Pink Panther... It ultimately resulted in a compromise, haha. This is the first time I've drawn Syk after the polecat commission! And I made a whole lotta mistakes, she ended up looking way too young and stubby. But she's such a fun character to draw, so I'm postin' it anyway!
Oh, and I've always been a dedicated fan of the classic Pink Panther animated shorts. I'm fond of that minimalistic style, lack of dialogues, abstract backgrounds and - of course - the theme. I own a tiny music box that plays it. And I remember the day my parents' friends invited my family over and I saw one of those giant Pink Panther plush toys in their kids' room. I wanted it so bad back then! I still kind of want it, pfff.
That's everything I have for now, so I'm calling it a day (or night)! Thank you for your attention!
GTA V is very over the top, it seems like every single character is supposed to be a caricature. I frickin' hate Trevor, I don't give a damn about Franklin and I'm not too sure about Michael. Likewise, the dialogues are a pain to listen to, while IV had many meaningful conversations between the characters (especially ones with Dwayne!). Apart from that, I can't get used to V's physics, which were significantly toned down compared to the previous R* games. IV had phenomenal ragdolls, just like RDR. While playing as Niko, one of my favourite things to do was picking up hot dogs on the street and throwing them at pedestrians just to watch them fall over, haha.
One more rant - I think IV had better music, just listen to that kickass intro:
But I'm definitely going to give GTA V a chance; maybe my opinion will change when I finish it. I hope so!
My little bro saw me drawing this and called it the worst thing I've ever drawn, which made me laugh out loud! I find some of his critique both hilarious and useful, although I wish he justified his words more often and gave me tips!
When I was creating my sailor characters, one of the biggest mistakes I made is that I shaped them all very badly. They had wicked proportions and looked very flat. Every once in a while I try to reshape or tweak them - I doodled this to understand Packie's head more. Right now it developed into an overstretched egg! Captain is ashamed of his lack of hair (thank God he has eyebrows for some reason!), so he rarely exposes it, but it doesn't mean his head doesn't have to make any sense.
I sketched this several months ago, I don't even know why. I'm sure admiral and Taffy are getting along much better right now! She'll probably always be intimidated by him but at the same time she appreciates being around someone so resourceful and protective!
I wanted to doodle Syk and the Pink Panther... It ultimately resulted in a compromise, haha. This is the first time I've drawn Syk after the polecat commission! And I made a whole lotta mistakes, she ended up looking way too young and stubby. But she's such a fun character to draw, so I'm postin' it anyway!
Oh, and I've always been a dedicated fan of the classic Pink Panther animated shorts. I'm fond of that minimalistic style, lack of dialogues, abstract backgrounds and - of course - the theme. I own a tiny music box that plays it. And I remember the day my parents' friends invited my family over and I saw one of those giant Pink Panther plush toys in their kids' room. I wanted it so bad back then! I still kind of want it, pfff.
That's everything I have for now, so I'm calling it a day (or night)! Thank you for your attention!






I didn't see this post until tonight, ahh! Gonna write a reply on Justpaste.it because Blogger despises my long-winded comments!:
ReplyDeletehttps://justpaste.it/19knc
Thank you a bunch!! As usual, I did the same thing!:
Deletehttps://justpaste.it/19ncy