I don't think I've ever had a bladder inflammation before, but I have it right now and it's pretty severe... It feels like a drunk surgeon cut my abdomen open, ripped my internals out, didn't know what to do and just crammed them back in. In other words, it hurts like son of a gun :( Thankfully not all of the time, but sometimes it's so bad that it makes me wanna scream. I've also had some type of an airway obstruction for about 1,5 months, as well as perpetual headaches... I'm not a healthy person, so my pain tolerance had to adapt, yet this is a bit too much for me to handle. My immune system gives up almost every time I have an examination session, dammit!
I know where this all comes from - it's a combination of stress, frequent contact with sick people and air pollution. The first two are far from surprising, but I'd like to talk about the pollution a little. Out of all European big cities, Cracow's air is one of the most polluted. I check this chart from time to time and as of today, Cracow is on the 8th position (out of 72!). I grew up in a natural environment, where air smells of wet grass and pine needles: it's sweet and very refreshing to breathe with. But here, in Cracow, breathing feels like having your nose stuck in a chimney or in an ashtray full of smoldering cigarette butts. I'm not even exaggerating - whenever I go outside, I suffocate for the first few minutes. It certainly doesn't help that there are thousands of smokers and I walk among them each day. I hiss and snarl at them, so at least they get out of my way sometimes, haha.
I can't wait to get outta here for good! There are 5 months left till I move out forever (I'm not counting February because I'm going to spend most of it at home, thank God). Living with my parents won't be perfect and I'm definitely going to miss my cousin (my flatmate) but I won't EVER miss the city itself. "I hate living here" should be my motto because I say it almost every single day. The apartment is small but okay - it's the environment that gets me down. I'm sorry I keep repeating it, yet my experience with Cracow has been overwhelmingly negative so far. I don't know how people can enjoy living in big cities. I wish I could understand!
It seems like my cats aren't too fond of this place either. They are happier at home, that's why I left them there last Christmas. Don't worry, my little bro takes good care of them! I miss them but I won't lie, I'm relieved they aren't with me. They're both adults, but they behave like kittens all of the time - or worse, like human babies. They demand way more attention than I'm able to give... Dimka doesn't even know how to take a dump properly! She has no idea how to bury her waste and often craps on her own tail or steps in her turds. I have to bathe her and then she screams as if she was being murdered. Marston is definitely less troublesome, although he's also exceptionally dumb. I love my cats, but it's love mixed with lots of frustration. I was never able to bond with them as I did with Marcel, but I hope that living at home with the family will make it easier for us.
Ahh, I feel bad for whining about stuff like that. Compared to what my auntie and friends are going through, my problems are nothing. I've been feeling very sad for the last two months and wanted to finally get it off my chest, though... December and January are my most disliked months of the year. Thankfully I have only one exam left and some more time to prepare for it. Then I have to turn in the first chapter of my master's thesis and only 6 days to write it, bleugh. I dunno how I'll be able to do that! The first chapter of my bachelor's thesis took me 1 month to write. This semester was the worst one thus far - I talked with more than a half of other students and they all had the same opinion. The only reason I had the time to draw was because I decided to ignore some of my duties. I'm looking forward to drawing again.
Speaking of which, I like to end these with a scribble. I doodled it at the end of December and it's a character that has been on my mind since Autumn. I wish I didn't bend the paper, dang. Anyway, his name is Glitch! Not an official character yet and definitely not my fursona (I dislike that word), but since I don't draw the cartoony bluesman any more, I wanted to create an avatar of some sorts. Made him a guinea pig 'cos they're my favourite animals. Called him Glitch 'cos I'm a walking, talking defect. At first I wanted to make him a hobo but I'm not too sure about that. If I keep him around, he won't belong to the same universe as my other characters. Still, I want him to be an alternative for boatswain because it bugs me when people assume that boatswain is my avatar or a main character. Out of all my crew members, I consider boatswain the least personal. I do like him but he also represents many things I strongly disapprove of!
Might end it here because my bladder and head are both starting to hurt now D:
